17 | 11 | 2019

The Hanuschhof (the Hanusch Court)

The Hanuschhof is a house typical of the Viennese “Gründerzeit” and was built between 1862 and 1863 as an adjoining building of the Albrecht House (now the Albertina Museum) by the master builder Anton Ölzelt, according to the plans of the architect Anton Hefft.  These days the offices of various arts and culture enterprises are situated within the Court.  The Vienna State Opera Museum is also housed within the Hanuschhof.

The 8 Volksoper apartments are located within the so-called “Stöcklgebäude” (“outbuilding”) of the inner courtyard.  These apartments vary in size and are all located on the 3rd (and highest) floor.

The Hanuschhof is located between the Vienna State Opera and the Castle Garden, near to the Hotel Sacher and Kärtner Straße and within easy reach of public transport.